Senior Tax Analyst APAC
Macquarie Park NSW 2113, Australia · Davao City, Davao del Sur, Philippines · Australia
Posted on Tuesday, May 16, 2023
#GreatMindsDon’tThinkAlike At Uber, we take pride in our diversity and working environment that sees you as more than just a person that can do the job, but a unique individual that can level up our organization with a perspective only you can offer. Uber provides a truly open culture that encourages all to voice their thoughts. About The TeamThe Finance team is at the forefront of decision-making when it comes to new investments and product launches at Uber. We sit at the center of the business, partnering with leadership to support our strategy of making life easier for our millions of customers and allowing hundreds of thousands of drivers partners, courtier partners and merchants to make money. We need to understand every area of the business and how it rolls into the P&L. We #SeeTheForestAndTheTrees by knowing the details that matter. About The RoleAt Uber, Tax roles are business critical and can have a real impact on our potential growth in each market. Tax at Uber is for people who are keen to have skin in the game on business decisions and are excited about being an advocate for change.This is an amazing opportunity to join our growing APAC Regional Tax team. Our business continues to grow at breakneck speed, requiring close tax support and business partnering. So, if you welcome a high-growth, fast-paced international environment, this may be the opportunity for you! Your Impact In Role
- You will work on all indirect tax and employment tax initiatives and matters for the APAC region and report to the APAC Indirect Tax Lead.
- Be part of a cross-functional team that works on rolling out new products and services in the region, working in an inquisitive, innovative way to drive improvements to processes, controls and reporting across the region and across operations.
- Assist with the management of challenging tax matters, including tax litigation and tax audits.
- Help lead interaction and knowledge sharing of indirect tax and employment tax developments, communicating changes and impact to the region, our HQ in San Francisco as well as the EMEA and LATAM mega regions, and working with collaborators to ensure implementation and compliance.
- Finance, accounting and/or law degree.
- Strong indirect tax and employment tax experience in APAC (preferably Australia and New Zealand) in industry, law firms, and/or Big 4 firms. Exposure to tax controversy, corporate tax and accounting would be a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, rapidly changing, and high-growth organisation, and in developing and sustaining relationships with internal and cross-functional collaborators, as well as external tax advisors and tax authorities.
- Open to challenging projects outside areas of experience or comfort zone.
- We provide our employees with monthly Uber credits to use against the full value of Eats & Rides (whichever is applicable in your market) plus a 17% discount (excluding non-restaurant food deliveries) on orders through our App (which exists even when your credits expire).
- Family comes first, and our paid parental leave (minimum 18 weeks full pay with additional benefits or paid leave depending on your location) is accessible for all new parents from day 1 (with no tenure requirement). New parents at Uber will also receive access to Cleo, flexible return-to-work options, and additional Uber credits during their period of leave (because let's face it, who wants to cook with a little one around?)
- Starting a family is a magical journey - At the same time, it can be challenging and stressful. Employees are eligible to reimburse costs relating to infertility treatment, egg/sperm freezing, adoption and surrogacy up to a lifetime benefit limit.
- Reset, Refresh and Recharge: we have a generous paid leave policy, providing paid leave in addition to the statutory annual leave depending on your location (excluding certain roles in the CommOps org). Additional eligibility requirements apply.
- Personal health and wellbeing - depending on location, you can access a healthcare plan or reimbursement for a plan of your choice up to a nominated value. You will also receive a monthly wellbeing allowance to use throughout the year across a range of items including; gym / fitness memberships, mindfulness apps, fitness equipment, ski passes and more. We also provide Employee Assistance Programs (EAP) that connect you to resources & support.
- Uber has always been a flexible organisation and COVID has only amplified this. Our global policy is 50% of time in office, and employees can apply to be fully remote if you think that’s best for you. We also provide opportunities to work for one month a year in another Uber location. These opportunities are tailored to specific individuals, roles and teams, subject to applicable terms and conditions.
- When you are in the office, we have an amazing range of facilities accessible for all Uber employees. Our dedicated facilities teams host regular events and opportunities to connect, as well as arranging the food program; catered lunch / breakfast (location dependant) and you’ll find our kitchens fully stocked with a variety of healthy (& not so healthy) snacks & drinks.
See more open positions at Uber
Something looks off?