Software Engineer II, Defense Platform
Posted on Friday, May 19, 2023
The security organization at Uber is dedicated to enabling safe and secure innovation while protecting the communities we serve both online and in the physical world. Our teams are responsible for protecting both people and their data across intersections of the digital and physical world. The primary objective for Uber Engineering Security team is to enable the technical ambitions of the company while maintaining the highest standards of security and privacy for our customers and partners. As cybersecurity threats evolve, so do we. About The RoleOur Defense Platform team enables enterprise defenders to rapidly identify, mitigate, and respond to cyber threats using innovative defense technologies, keeping Uber ahead of adversaries. We are seeking a Production Engineer to aid in the development of our infrastructure platforms with a focus on improving performance, reliability, and efficiency. These reliable processes and performant technologies are purpose-built to empower security practitioners to identify, mitigate, and respond to threats of abuse and intrusion. What You'll DoAs a Production Engineer on the Defense Platform team, you will join a team of engineers who partner with development teams throughout the organization with the ultimate goal of improving Uber products, features, and flow reliability. An Uber Production Engineer spends just as much of their time working on systems as they do writing code. You’ll be tasked with all manner of work from building operational tooling, automating operational workflows, performing architecture and design reviews, investigating system failures and complex outages, improving our monitoring infrastructure, defining service level objectives and agreements for Uber products and flows and much more. Basic Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or related field OR 2 years of full-time Software Engineering work experience, WHICH INCLUDES 2-year total technical software engineering experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Programming language (e.g. C, C++, Java, Python, or Go)
- Distributed systems
- 2+ years of experience in managing and scaling distributed systems (e.g., scalability testing, disaster recovery, capacity planning).
- 2+ years experience writing with Python, BASH, or similar scripting languages.
- Experience using Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Terraform or related configuration management / DevOps technologies.
- Experience using automation and instrumentation to improve engineering efficiency.
- Experience building security analytics, intrusion detection, or abuse detection platforms.
- Experience designing and developing continuous integration/development systems (CI/CD).
- Experience working with services and APIs in cloud infrastructures (AWS or GCP).
- Experience with the Elastic Stack and related components (beats, logstash, elastic, kibana).
- Intermediate knowledge of networking and application protocols.
- Basic knowledge of Windows/Linux system administration at scale.
See more open positions at Uber
Something looks off?