Senior Safety Operations Manager
são paulo, state of são paulo, brazil
Posted on Monday, May 22, 2023
About The RoleIn this role, you will manage our local operations and be a teammate in coming up with initiatives aligned with our commitment to Safety in the platform, while driving growth and operational efficiencies. This is a key position that can make a big impact on business and change the way people move in our countries. We are currently operating in all Brazilian states, and we have a lot of exciting projects going on!This role calls for a combination of analytics and the ability to operationalize processes in a fast-paced environment. What You'll Do
- Strategic Ownership: Proactively identify business needs, issues and analyze user feedback. Prioritize among projects to define the best path to meet strategic objectives and complete them
- Business Sense: Translate insights from operational and financial metrics into strategy and action plans. Develop and apply understanding of the levers that move our business
- Problem Solving: Identify the root cause of risks and opportunities, propose multiple, practical solutions, and weigh tradeoffs to recommend the best approach
- Process Optimization: Implement, optimize, and scale core analyses and processes across Brazil, regularly reviewing performance
- Product Improvement: Propose features or improvements that could improve the Safety experience in our app, measuring their impact and prioritizing them, in order to advocate for their development. Collaborate with Product teams around the world to execute new launches in Brazil
- Stakeholder Management: Lead cross-functional initiatives by building close relationships with global and local partners across operations, comms, marketing, customer support, product, policy, and legal
- Education: We welcome people from all backgrounds to apply
- Years of Experience/Industries: Five or more years of professional experience.
- Data-Driven Mentality: Make strategic decisions based on data analysis and interpretation. Experience getting in the weeds of data, balanced with the ability to see the big picture
- Communication: Portuguese and English proficiency. Demonstrated experience interpreting and presenting data to various audiences in an engaging and comprehensive, yet succinct manner
- Executional Excellence: Ability to optimally manage and prioritize complex operations that require the support of peers and other teams, and deliver results in a fast-paced and ambiguous environment, while maintaining high-quality work standards
- Planning & Organization: Ability to plan complex or multi-faceted projects with cross-functional teams, defining timelines, deliverables, interdependencies, and resource allocation
- SQL proficiency. Python is a plus.
- Demonstrated decision-making skills. You think critically about all angles of a problem, digging in deeper where needed, and make smart long-term decisions.
- Explorer - the ability to self-serve, investigate and get the data we require will make you much more effective in this role.
See more open positions at Uber
Something looks off?