Sr Software Engineer - Machine Learning
Posted on Monday, May 22, 2023
About The RoleAs part of Uber's AI/ML Platform Team (Michelangelo), the Machine Learning Training team's mission is to make it really easy to train, tune, and build high-quality models at Uber.We build our own ML training software stack and solve problems at all layers of the stack including iteration speed, compute efficiency, observability, fault tolerance, and correctness. On top of the core training stack, we build services, libraries, and frameworks e.g. automatic hyper parameter/architecture optimization, to accelerate the model development process. Check out [1,2] for more information.Our team moves at a fast pace and provides individuals with a high degree of autonomy and agency to affect change. We welcome kind and brilliant people to our team, from wherever they come. What You'll Need
- Master's or equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or related field AND 2 years of full-time Software Engineering work experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Programming language (e.g. Python, Java, Scala, C, C++, or Go).
- Building Web backend or micro services
- 3+ years of relevant production software engineering experience designing and working with scalable and fault-tolerant distributed systems or frameworks e.g. Spark, Ray, Kafka, Kubernetes, and/or Flink.
- Proficient knowledge of machine learning techniques and workflows.
- Experience building large-scale machine learning systems or pipelines.
- Owning problems end-to-end, with a willingness to pick up whatever knowledge is missing to get the job done.
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills working with multidisciplinary teams.
- Contributions to AI frameworks such as PyTorch, TensorFlow, JAX, or XGBoost.
- Familiarity with autoregressive sequence models, such as Transformers.
See more open positions at Uber
Something looks off?