Sr Staff HR Enterprise Architect
IT, People & HR
Seattle, WA, USA
Posted on Monday, May 22, 2023
About The RoleThe HR Enterprise Solutions Architect will lead all aspects of the Enterprise Solution Architecture function for a domain, interpreting the organization’s objectives and the enterprise context into standards and usage guidelines. They will jointly be responsible for architecture governance across domains.This position will lead solution architecture and conceptual design of projects in line with standards and guidelines. This requires close working relationships with Business and IT leadership, internal customers, Business Alignment Teams, Enterprise Architecture and IT COE teams. In This Key Position, The Enterprise Solutions Architect Will
- Provide thought leadership and act as the trusted technical adviser to the business and technology leadership team.
- Lead the architecture and enabling technologies strategy for the Business Functional Solutions domain. Evangelize and drive alignment on the adoption and realization of the architecture strategy. Partner with business alignment team and business leaders on all
- Lead the development of a Reference as well as Destination Solution and Technical Architecture standards and Usage guidelines for enabling delivery capabilities based on industry trends, innovation and business drivers.
- Provide strong functional thought leadership and consulting in the respective domain and be an advisor to the business and strategy leads on Industry best practices.
- Work as part of the engineering group, as well as business alignment team to convert business requirements into an architecture blueprint and conceptual design, based on the Architecture standards and usage guidelines.
- Develops IT Strategy & Roadmap inclusive of critical investment plan aligned with the strategic needs of HR in close partnership with key stakeholders from Uber HR and corresponding IT teams.
- Provides strategic consultation to assigned business customers in defining or designing HR solutions to enhance the employee experience and augment Uber as a great place to work, as well as using customer requirements in researching, identifying and internally marketing enabling technologies.
- Assesses current state of solutions, defines future state needs, identifies gaps and recommends new technology solutions and strategic business execution improvements.
- Interface with Architects, Technical Leads and Developers to drive technical solutions, estimate work efforts, define milestones and provide hands on technical leadership.
- Highlights short-term trade-offs vs long-term commitments and where those are worth implementing or not. Ensures that the solutions are scalable (technology), efficient (process), effective (cost), and supportable.
- Conduct solution architecture research, market assessment and facilitating solution application selections and experiments / pilots
- Formulate business and logical solution architectures comprised of local and global functional capabilities and drive implementation of agreed technology solutions.
- Ensures the HR solution architecture remain current with the business needs and directs the development of architecture activities and projects, while aligning with local and global technology & solution roadmaps.
- Partners with other architects and solution owners to influence standards and strategies for the enterprise in the HR space.
- Work with business and IT teams to understand the needs for complex data/BI models (that leverage statistics, time series, machine learning, textual analysis, prediction, etc.), define prototypes, collect/curate large data sets, Implement/evaluate/tune data models and drive valuable insights through iteration.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, systems analysis or a related study, or equivalent experience.
- 12+ years of relevant work experience including leadership and architecture level experience. Demonstrated an ability to think strategically and translate plans into actions and drives them to completion.
- Hands-on experience in designing and deploying HR IT solutions for large enterprises.
- Technical expertise regarding data models, database design development, data mining, segmentation techniques and data visualization.
- Expertise in multiple technologies domains.
- Ability to quickly comprehend the functions and capabilities of new technologies.
- Remains "evergreen" and keeps up-to-date with technology trends and emerging technologies.
- Ability to understand the long-term ("big picture") and short-term perspectives of situations.
- Strong leadership skills and proven ability to work across organizations and building partnerships.
- Demonstrated effective oral, written, public, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Proven ability to frame complex issues and persuade a wide and diverse audience, effective at stakeholder management and influence.
- Sound and mature business judgment capable of contributing on a broad range of topics, not just technology issues.
- Ability to gain immediate respect and credibility with colleagues and stakeholders.
- Teamplayer and creative problem solver who can uncover innovative ways to drive business value.
- Influencer and negotiator who can align key stakeholders to a shared vision and roadmap.
- Accountable, results oriented & comfortable with a demanding set of internal and external customers.
- Remains unbiased toward any specific vendor or technology choice; is more interested in solving the business problem than the technology itself.
See more open positions at Uber
Something looks off?