General Manager, Eats New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
Posted on Saturday, August 5, 2023
#GreatMindsDon’tThinkAlike At Uber, we take pride in our diversity and working environment that sees you as more than just a person that can do the job, but a unique individual that can level up our organization with a perspective only you can offer. Uber provides a truly open culture that encourages all to voice their thoughts! About The TeamUber Eats has been a leading brand in Online Food Delivery for the past five years. While there are many Kiwis that have ordered a meal through us, there are many others who could benefit from our products and services. #GoGetIt embodies the attitude and mindset of Delivery at Uber. We provide the best customer experience possible for our consumers, as well as facilitating growth and earnings for our merchants and drivers. About The RoleWe are looking for our next passionate and committed executive leader to lead the NZ Eats business through its next phase of growth. This role will be entail being
- The strategic leader of the NZ business, translating global goals into a locally inspiring strategy and plan and delivering on ambitious business goals
- A competent, decisive and optimistic leader that can rally many teams and stakeholders to achieve a shared vision.
- A visible and vocal champion for the NZ business internally and to customers and partners externally
- Responsible for managing and driving the success of a team of individual contributors whose core responsibilities focus on the acquisition, retention and growth of our merchant base
- An important cross functional partner to the many teams that do not directly report to you, but are critical to successful execution of your plan including CommOps, Sales, Marketing, Policy, Legal, Comms, Tax, HR, Recruiting, Finance, BD and many more.
- 15+ years work experience, ideally including time spent in commercial / sales leadership roles and/or operations or strategy
- Be based or be able to locate to Auckland, New Zealand
- Previous success in business-accountable roles. A track record of consistently delivering excellent results
- Strong track record of building, leading and engaging diverse teams
- Self-starter and collaborative leader. Everywhere you go, you can't help but mobilize people, build things, resolve
- Evidence of successful complex stakeholder management across a variety of functions including across international borders
- An appetite for taking smart risks in a fast moving, competitive and often ambiguous environment