Senior Security Engineer
Sunnyvale, CA, USA
Posted on Saturday, August 5, 2023
Senior Security Engineer - Systems & EndpointThe security organization at Uber is dedicated to enabling safe and secure innovation while protecting the communities we serve both online and in the physical world. Our teams are responsible for protecting both people and their data across intersections of the digital and physical world. The primary objective for the Uber Enterprise Security team is to enable the technical ambitions of the company while maintaining the highest standards of security and privacy for our customers and partners. As cybersecurity threats evolve, so do we. About The RoleUber''s Enterprise Security Team is seeking a Senior level Security Engineer to help us deliver on several key initiatives in the security engineering. In this role, you will be designing, implementing and deploying security solutions spanning the Enterprise Security area of responsibilities, which include security vulnerability mitigation on our end-user devices, our corporate infrastructure and the infrastructure that powers Uber itself . You’ll use your SWE skills to raise the security bar across multiple domains and teams. Through your work, you will contribute to the significant improvement of our information security posture. Focused on driving operational effectiveness and efficiencies, you’ll create pipelines to both audit and automate our security solutions and policies. Through your commitment to software and security engineering, you''ll help Uber develop detailed policies and endpoint standards across our partner teams and subsidiaries. Regardless of whether it''s a workstation, 3rd party SaaS solution, or server, we need countermeasures and access to every threat to every Uber system and endpoint.What you’ll do Essentially, You Will Work On a Variety Of Initiatives IncludingYou will be joining an amazing team of security and software engineers on a mission to secure all of Uber''s systems.
- Developing, deploying and managing tools to secure and monitor our corporate and production customer facing systems and services, including ownership of our Endpoint/Extended Detection and Response (E/XDR) tools.
- Evaluating new Enterprise Security solutions designed to increase Uber''s security posture.
- Collaborating and consulting with multiple engineering teams and other functional stakeholders from Privacy, Security, Compliance, Infrastructure, and Product for integration into our platform
- Helping to grow and mature our enterprise security controls and system hardening capabilities.
- 8+ years of demonstrated experience in security engineering or software engineering with experience in security related projects
- Deep understanding of managing and securing endpoint devices (macOS and Windows), Cloud infrastructure (AWS, Azure, GCP, OCI), and on-premise (VMware, VSphere) server and storage platforms
- 3+ years of professional experience with Go (preferred), Python, Ruby or any other modern programming language
- Experience performing security engineering functions across a broad set of security domain areas including (but not limited to):
- Data Loss Prevention (DLP) / Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR)
- Device Posture and Attestation, Shadow IT and Vulnerability Management
- Hardware Security Modules (HSM), Two-Factor Authentication (2FA), and Public Key Infrastructure (PKI)
- Experience with industry security compliance baselines such as CIS and NIST 800-53, security audits and device attestation methods
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated expertise with microarchitecture (Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform, etc), automation and configuration experience (Chef, Puppet, etc)
- Expert level experience with endpoint telemetry, detection/response EDR) and mobile device management (MDM) tools
- Demonstrated expertise with backend software development
- Extensive experience designing and implementing enterprise systems to scale
- Strong understanding of kill chain or ATT&CK Framework
- Accommodations may be available based on religious and/or medical conditions, or as required by applicable law. To request an accommodation, please get in touch with firstname.lastname@example.org.