Staff Android Engineer - Marketplace Experiences
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Saturday, August 5, 2023
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. Our Marketplace Experience team plays a crucial role in shaping the core consumer experiences that drive our Mobility and Delivery apps, empowering millions of riders, eaters, and earners worldwide to make informed decisions while enjoying a seamless and rewarding journey. As a Software Engineer - Android on our Marketplace Experience team, you will have the opportunity to work on cutting-edge product-led initiatives and develop platforms that facilitate reusable and scalable user experiences for our customers. What You Will Do
- Provide technical leadership to a passionate, experienced, and diverse engineering team. Design and build the next major generations of the flagship Uber app.
- Develop an excellent understanding of Uber’s business strategy and goals. You will be one of our key leaders expected to identify and solve our highest impact, highly complex problems.
- See the big picture and identify inefficiencies and opportunities for meaningful improvements across the entire org and Uber as a whole. Drive alignment on how to tackle these and lead the delivery of high leverage solutions for them to have the widest impact.
- Raise the bar to make Uber engineering truly best-in-class by improving best practices, producing exemplary code, documentation, automated tests and thorough and precise monitoring.
- Staff level engineers at Uber are exceptional mentors. They are trusted advisors for both team members and leaders alike
- 8+ years experience in successfully designing and building large engineering projects, including launching more than one generation of a Mobile application to millions of users.
- Experience with Android or iOS application development (Java, Kotlin, Swift, ObjectiveC).
- Familiarity with modern mobile frameworks (Rx, IoC/DI, analytics, A/B testing, etc) and tools (e.g. build systems like Bazel).
- Strong product focus and acumen.
- Experience creating and leading technical architecture for a large consumer focused app.
- Proven ability to develop other strong senior engineers into Staff engineers, operating and leading their own initiatives with org-wide scope and high impact.
- Experience designing and building server-side APIs and components that interface with mobile applications.