Senior Employment Tax Analyst, EMEA
Posted on Sunday, August 20, 2023
About The RoleUber, headquartered in San Francisco, California, USA, is a game-changing technology company with a high-performance culture marked by hyper productivity, compliance and accuracy. Our Global Employment Tax team is looking to add a Sr. Tax Analyst to be based out of our Amsterdam, Netherlands office. As the Sr. Analyst, Employment Tax in Amsterdam, you will perform analysis and advice on employment tax issues, support new employee compensation and benefit implementations in partnership with Payroll, T&E, People Ops, PeopleApps, Global Benefits, Stock, Compensation, Global Mobility, Strategic Finance, Accounting, Tax, Internal Audit, Legal, and external consultants. You will also participate in employment tax audits, and advise on paycode and deduction code configuration to the pay-slips and year-end wage statements to ensure local compliance and appropriate recording of accruals. What You'll DoThe Sr. Analyst, Employment Tax will be part of our Global Employment Tax team, guiding the company through the complex web of tax issues as it relates to employment taxes and support payroll tax compliance throughout the EMEA region.
- Provide employment tax support for payroll, share based compensation, global mobility, executive compensation and other benefit in kind issues
- Provide support in managing withholding tax and social tax compliance from a payroll perspective including end of year reporting requirements and updates of agreements with tax authorities
- Review/research employment tax implications and issues regarding the Travel and Expense policies and processes
- Support due diligence on employment tax issues for acquisitions
- Partner and advise on the expat tax program, working closely with Global Mobility
- Learn and adapt quickly as Uber starts or ceases operations in new countries, proactively guiding stakeholders and employees on employment tax considerations.
- Help build out our resource library relating to employment tax matters, to enhance employee experience and understanding.
- Support on employment tax implications of new benefits or changes to existing benefits
- Liaise with regional tax departments on the management of employment tax audits and support negotiation of settlements/mitigation of interest and penalties arising as a result of such audits
- Support regional and global projects for improvements to payroll, stock administration and employee benefits programs which meets jurisdictional compliance requirements, delivers outstanding employee support and enables our global expansion programs
- Support an employee-centric culture in the organization with highly collaborative relationships across Uber’s key global and regional stakeholders
- Build and maintain a relationship with key stakeholders both within Finance and the business operations and continuously optimize service delivery
- Other duties and special projects as assigned
- 5+ years of Employment tax and/or accounting experience in payroll, stock compensation and/or global mobility from organizations which value the delivery of best-in-class employee services
- Strong customer service orientation with excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate technical or financial information to a non-technical audience
- Good understanding of Finance, Tax, Accounting, HR and Operations/Customer Service understanding of shared services within the context of the broader business enterprise
- Strong interpersonal skills, and an ability to build and grow relationships with people at all levels of the organization.
- You aren’t interested in simply doing what’s been done before. You are curious, strategic, and you want to add your own perspective on how we do things to make us even better.
- You have a good understanding of individual income and employment tax principles across EU countries that are critical to employee mobility, including experience with Amsterdam (e.g. 30% ruling), Spain (e.g. Special Tax Regime), UK, France, and Germany. Experience with APAC countries, including Singapore, is also a plus.
- Ability to act operationally and ability to manage ambiguity, risk, and changing direction of projects and strategies
- Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting or related discipline
- Employment tax experience and proficiency across a broad range of countries
- Project Management experience
- Change management experience
- Payroll Accounting knowledge
- Tax Certification