Marketplace Operations Associate, Uber Eats Kenya
Posted on Friday, September 8, 2023
About The RoleAs a Marketplace Operations Associate, you will have the unique opportunity to shape and drive business growth at Uber Eats Kenya and broadly for the SSA region, one of the fastest growing, strategically important and competitive markets!You will require a combination of analytical skills, an operational mindset and the interpersonal and leadership skills to manage key cross functional stakeholders, who, together with you, will be responsible for using data-driven insights and marketplace levers to sustainably and systematically drive towards a balanced, reliable and efficient marketplace.You will look into challenging business problems related to marketplace dynamics, pricing innovations, marketplace efficiency and marketplace governance, and engage with stakeholders both locally and regionally to constantly experiment and implement products that fit Kenya’s needs and also improve and balance metrics on all three sides of the marketplace.This is a business critical role that will report to the General Manager of Uber Eats Kenya with a dotted line into the Head of Operations, SSA and you will work closely with the Delivery Partner Operations teams to ensure a healthy supply balance and efficient marketplace. What You’ll Do
- Deliver impact for the business by efficiently coordinating all sides of the marketplace
- Use analytical tools, market intelligence and data to investigate, solve and remediate multi-faceted business problems.
- Drive continuous improvement by leveraging data from the platform and operational insights to identify, surface, execute and follow-through on new processes or optimize existing processes to adaptively keep the marketplace as balanced, reliable and efficient as possible.
- Communicate regularly and share marketplace intelligence and insights to functional leads and other stakeholders productively influence business decisions for other teams.
- Manage a portfolio of key projects and work cross functionally with multiple stakeholders e.g. Product Ops, Operations, City Ops, Community Ops, Legal, Tax to test, implement and roll-out products and changes in the marketplace.
- A cooperative and collaborative team player that is also willing to roll up your sleeves to do the day-to-day work.
- Track record in engaging and influencing cross-functional teams in complex stakeholder management in a variety of functions.
- Flexible and comfortable in dealing with uncertainty.
- Have a data-driven, analytical mindset with the ability to balance detail and accuracy with quick execution.
- Skills in SQL, Python and/or data modelling would be a huge plus
- Analytical skillset with strong business acumen to deliver data driven insights and recommendations
- Strong stakeholder management to influence action and drive for continuous improvement
- Strong project management/coordination skills to manage key projects and work cross functionally