Senior Data Analyst
Uber is looking for Senior Data Analysts to expand its new Team in Krakow.The Krakow Center of Excellence is taking a new highway to become a major Technology Hub in Central & Eastern Europe, focusing on Process Optimization, Data Analytics & Automation!
About the Role
After crafting queries (SQL) and self-operating dashboards (GSheets, Data Studio, Python), you will proceed to significant data analyses in order to provide insightful recommendations to Stakeholders and valuable inputs for strategic decisions!
As a Senior Data Analyst, you will ensure i) your code follows the standard methodologies in terms of quality, reusability, optimization, ii) your analyses are contextualized, data-driven, pertinent and impactful, iii) your dashboards are accurately maintained and adapted to evolving requirements. You will break down business requirements into technical tasks to deliver your work iteratively and incrementally, aligning your prioritizations with the Analytics & Automation Operations Coordinator.
About the team
The mission of the Team, as a whole, consists in helping Uber to scale and best-serve its customers by continuously optimizing the operations.
The Team performs work around two main pillars: Analytics & Automation and Process - design, execution & optimization of business processes. Located in Krakow, the Team is centralizing work for Uber Rides & Uber Eats, covering two mega-regions, i) United States & Canada, ii) Europe, Middle-East, Africa. This experience gained as a Senior Data Analyst may also open doors to plenty of new opportunities across the world via the Uber Mobility Program. We’re offering a hybrid model of working (50% based out of our Krakow office, 50% work from home).
What you will do:
- Analyze data, identify trends and build relevant recommendations
- Write simple nested statements and queries for sophisticated problems
- Code with best practices (optimized & reusable code, versioning, etc.)
- Create flows (ex.: Lucidchart), interpret technical documentation
- Analyze business requirements or suggest improvements, proactively
- Present your results in a concise manner to international Stakeholders
- Design, lead & implement large scale projects, independently
- Conduct root cause analyses, build dashboards, prepare data-driven proposals
What you will need:
- Good knowledge in SQL, Google Sheets, Data Studio
- Knowledge in Python and Pandas Library
- Analytical and data-driven approach for solving problems
- Motivation to learn all along the way and improve continuously
- Experience as Data Analyst or equivalent
- Excellent written and spoken Communication (in English)
- Ability to work on your own initiative independently (proactive) or in Group (phenomenal teammate)
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let’s move the world forward, together.
Offices continue to be central to collaboration and Uber’s cultural identity. Unless formally approved to work fully remotely, Uber expects employees to spend at least half of their work time in their assigned office. For certain roles, such as those based at green-light hubs, employees are expected to be in-office for 100% of their time. Please speak with your recruiter to better understand in-office expectations for this role.