Senior Design Manager, Grocery & Retail
About the Role
Uber Eats is seeking a Senior Design Manager to lead a team of designers building the future of shopping on the platform. You’ll drive the future of Grocery, Alcohol, Retail, and more, working closely with the platform team, cross-functional partners, and across the Uber organization. You’ll create experiences for consumers, merchants and shoppers, thinking holistically about the marketplace.
The role demands system thinking, exceptional execution, ambitious innovation, obsession with quality, and passion for solving customer problems.
- You'll collaborate with design and cross-functional collaborators to help craft the vision and strategies behind some of the most important and exciting initiatives in the company.
- Set the bar high by knowing what quality looks like and how to help product teams ship at that quality with minimal impact on velocity.
- Drive standard methodologies in overall experiences and product design.
- Be the voice of the customer and champion solving user problems
- Help designers develop a wide array of hard and soft skills based on their career goals and what the team needs
- Run design reviews, crits, sprints, and own some of your own projects
- You should feel comfortable changing elevations quickly, from high-level critical thinking to evaluating research, interaction, and design execution.
---- Basic Qualifications ----
10+ years experience
---- What the Candidate Will Do ----
- Demonstrate long-term thinking around strategic and business-focused activities.
- Will have shipped many successful software products with a significant impact on the user experience and business. 0-1 experience is a plus.
- Extensive experience conducting and/or collaborating with user research and data science to demonstrate their respective insights
- Will have managed and mentored both junior and more senior product designers.
- Proven track record to provide thought leadership and guide a team towards achieving a common goal.
- Excellent communication and analytical skills.
- Experience in retail, grocery, or other shopping experiences is a plus
For New York, NY-based roles: The base salary range for this role is $220,000 per year - $244,000 per year.
You will be eligible to participate in Uber's bonus program, and may be offered an equity award & other types of comp. You will also be eligible for various benefits. More details can be found at the following link https://www.uber.com/careers/benefits.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Offices continue to be central to collaboration and Uber’s cultural identity. Unless formally approved to work fully remotely, Uber expects employees to spend at least half of their work time in their assigned office. For certain roles, such as those based at green-light hubs, employees are expected to be in-office for 100% of their time. Please speak with your recruiter to better understand in-office expectations for this role.