Head of Communications, South Africa
About the Role
Responsible for telling the story of how Uber transform the way people move around the cities. Working with the media and key external stakeholders, we explain the benefits of e-hailing and how we contribute to the communities by providing new opportunities for drivers and riders.
What You'll Do
- Help craft the voice of Uber across one of the most exciting, diverse, and high-growth country
- Develop and implement external communication strategies aligned with the company's objectives and values.
Build and maintain relationships with key media contacts and industry influencers.
Work collaboratively with other functions, including marketing, policy and business to amplify brand and reputation campaigns
- Coach leadership on external communications strategies, make sure the communication team acts as a true partner to the business
- Collaborate with internal teams to ensure consistent messaging and brand voice across all external communication channels.
- Manage relationships with external vendors like PR agencies
- Act as a spokesperson for the organization, representing the company in media interviews and public speaking engagements.
- Measure and report on the effectiveness of external communication efforts, providing insights and recommendations for improvement.
- Be passionate for doing comms at Uber, where we get to shape the conversation around the future of mobility
What You'll Need
- 4-7 years of communication experience in consumer facing businesses with a proven track record of managing complex communications and issues management
- Strong media and influencer network, creative storytelling on digital
- Must bring experience as a spokesperson, with strong media relations know-how and expertise
- Experience doing comms in mobility, FMCG, consumer tech. Ideally, a combination of working in a globally matrixed organization and fast-moving smaller ventures.
- Team player
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let’s move the world forward, together.
Offices continue to be central to collaboration and Uber’s cultural identity. Unless formally approved to work fully remotely, Uber expects employees to spend at least half of their work time in their assigned office. For certain roles, such as those based at green-light hubs, employees are expected to be in-office for 100% of their time. Please speak with your recruiter to better understand in-office expectations for this role.