Consumer Growth Analyst, Uber Eats South Africa
About the Role
The Eater Growth Analyst role is a unique opportunity to have a direct impact on the success of Uber Eats in Sub-Saharan Africa (SSA). You will support the South African and Kenyan business (with additional expansion opportunities) and Eater (consumer) team by developing a deep, quantitative understanding of local market dynamics, analysing Eater behaviours, experimenting with different growth tactics to determine which ones work optimally and jumping on challenges as they emerge!
What You’ll Do:
- Improve or innovate new processes by identifying operational areas of improvement to keep the Eater (consumer) team as efficient as possible
- Lead projects that leverage data and analytics to develop an in-depth understanding of our Eaters (compelling ‘stories’ and synthesized insights) and acquisition/growth funnel performance. Identify opportunity areas, influence cross-functional partners, and execute projects to deliver sustained and material growth
- Provide insights to understand business context and market opportunity, surface gaps and opportunities, and develop business plans to build cross-functional alignment on actions to improve Eater success and business growth
- Own data analysis and visualisation, and communicate the outcomes / insights to various stakeholders to aid strategic decisions that lead to improved Eater experience
- Understand, track, and improve metrics such as Eater lifecycle, quality, and profitability
- Develop, maintain, and communicate detailed reporting models to assist decision-making for promotions, acquisition, engagement and re-engagement of Eaters.
- Build tools and processes: Use your analytical ability combined with operational rigor to build tools and processes to drive forward important metrics.
- Stakeholder Management: Work closely with cross-functional teams (locally, regionally and globally) to achieve common goals and potentially manage critical external stakeholders.
What You’ll Need:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics or equivalent
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills with the ability to translate complex data into actionable insights.
- Proven experience in consumer behavior analysis, market research, or a related analytical role
- Passionate about data, discovering trends, driving actions through insights.
- Experience using data and metrics to determine and drive improvements
- A creative mindset
- Proficiency in data analysis tools such as Excel, SQL, Python, R, or similar.
- Experience owning program strategy, end to end delivery, and communicating results to senior leadership
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let’s move the world forward, together.
Offices continue to be central to collaboration and Uber’s cultural identity. Unless formally approved to work fully remotely, Uber expects employees to spend at least half of their work time in their assigned office. For certain roles, such as those based at green-light hubs, employees are expected to be in-office for 100% of their time. Please speak with your recruiter to better understand in-office expectations for this role.