Team Lead Strategic Verticals, Uber Advertising
About the Role
As our next Team Lead for Strategic Verticals, you will be accountable for building an outstanding sales and account management organization that will drive advertising revenue across Delivery and Mobility and accelerate our bottom line.
You will also be responsible for the strategic direction, scaling, and go-to-market of Uber Mexico Ad Sales business across non-endemic brands in selected verticals!
To meet the needs of our ambitions, you will be required to grow our team by attracting and developing diverse Ads Sales and Account Management talent.
While reporting to our Head of Advertising in Mexico, you will partner with our regional and local leadership to align on sales structure, revenue targets, and critical metrics to ensure your team is delivering on partner needs and exceeding Uber’s revenue targets!
You will care for building and growing advertising relationships with our non-endemic advertisers. You’ll also be part of the MEX Advertising leadership team, supporting the exciting growth of a fast-paced business.
Based on a deep understanding of advertisers’ needs, you will drive revenue by demonstrating the value that our Advertising platform will bring to advertisers. You will bring your strong network across Mex CMOs relationships to help accelerate key partnerships and unlock opportunities for your team.
Working cross-functionally, you will help advise the product and engineering roadmap by articulating market-specific product needs across Uber Advertising surfaces and formats to ensure we’re building an outstanding customer and advertiser experience. To be effective, you will need to build close relationships and tight alignment with operations, sales, strategy, marketing & comms, business development, product & engineering, finance, and legal.
What You'll Do
- Develop and implement the Strategic Verticals Ad Sales strategy that enables our teams to exceed revenue targets.
- Hire, mentor, and provide career development for a diverse team of hard-working sales & account management professionals.
- Own key relationships across the country's media & advertising landscape.
- Collaborate with Ads Platform, Product Eng, and Product Operations teams to advise ads surfaces/inventory, formats, targeting, and pricing needed to enable advertisers to engage audiences across advertiser goals of awareness, trial, and conversion.
- Collaborate with functions and lines of business to deliver on revenue targets.
What You'll Need
- +7 years of full-time experience in end-to-end Large Customer Digital Advertising Sales.
- At least 5 years of advertising sales leadership experience - preferably in a digital ads platform within a marketplace business or mobile app.
- Ideally, a combination of working in sophisticated matrix organizations and fast-moving smaller ventures.
- Consistent track record of building and leading a multi-million dollar advertising business.
- Start-up mentality, willing to embrace rapid change, overcome adversity, and play to win for the people we serve, seizing opportunities to innovate.
- A genuine give-and-take approach to problem-solving, acting as a true peer and partner to the business and all other relevant collaborators across the organization.
- Proven capacity to attract and retain the brightest minds, fostering a passion for excellence
- Creative storyteller with the ability to apply data to quantify opportunities and influence decision-makers.
- Speed, resourcefulness, and a go-getter mentality. You are comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and navigating ambiguity
- Having an MBA degree will be considered as a plus
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let’s move the world forward, together.
Offices continue to be central to collaboration and Uber’s cultural identity. Unless formally approved to work fully remotely, Uber expects employees to spend at least half of their work time in their assigned office. For certain roles, such as those based at green-light hubs, employees are expected to be in-office for 100% of their time. Please speak with your recruiter to better understand in-office expectations for this role.