About the Role
We are seeking a highly self-motivated communications expert to join UT. This is an exciting opportunity to be the media spokesperson for the company, through creative and inspiring storytelling that will resonate with journalists and the general public.
The ideal candidate will be someone who is passionate about the mobility industry, has a strategic mindset, and is a strong communicator with both media stakeholders as well as internal cross-functional teams. The candidate should also have a strong understanding of the media landscape, and possess a strong network with reporters in his/her previous position.
The candidate’s responsibilities will include all aspects of external and internal communications for corporate, consumer, product, and internal communications. This role will be based in Seoul and report to the Director of Legal & Public Affairs at UT.
Your Impact In Role
- Shape the external narratives on UT’s business, showcase the company’s culture and leaders, tell the unique stories of our drivers and riders, and handle media-facing communications on corporate communications issues such as policy, legal and finance.
- Develop and execute a drumbeat of consumer and product moments by highlighting the UT app’s differentiated experience.
- Work collaboratively with other cross-functional teams, including Marketing, Sales, and Operations to amplify brand campaigns, partnerships, new product launches and other initiatives.
- Respond to journalist inquiries related to corporate matters, product and app experience.
- Manage internal communications to give employees the inside scoop on what’s happening across the company.
What You Will Need
- Strong media network.
- 7+ years of experience doing communications at a consumer tech/goods company, including writing press releases, responding to media inquiries, managing campaigns and events.
- Native in Korean and fluent in English, written and spoken.
- In-house communications experience at a multinational company.
- Experience doing communications in the mobility, consumer tech, or platform/app-based industries preferred
- Self-motivation: We want to work with people who enjoy building things from the bottom up. Things change fast at UT, so you should be highly adaptable as well as calm under pressure.
- Teamwork: Success at UT depends on the ability to organize different teams (internally and externally) around shared goals. It’s why we’re looking for well organized people who enjoy working with others to get stuff done—and who can deal with the ambiguity that sometimes comes from working cross-functionally.
- Advocacy: You enjoy distilling complex ideas into simple, but intellectually credible, narratives. You’ll need to write well and have the creative ability to tell stories.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let’s move the world forward, together.
Offices continue to be central to collaboration and Uber’s cultural identity. Unless formally approved to work fully remotely, Uber expects employees to spend at least half of their work time in their assigned office. For certain roles, such as those based at green-light hubs, employees are expected to be in-office for 100% of their time. Please speak with your recruiter to better understand in-office expectations for this role.