Head of Marketplace
#GreatMindsDon’tThinkAlike At Uber, we take pride in our diversity and working environment that sees you as more than just a person that can do the job, but a unique individual that can level up our organization with a perspective only you can offer. Uber provides a truly open culture that encourages all to voice their thoughts. (Diversity Statement)
About The Team
We have seen incredible customer love and acceptance over the past five years of Uber Eats in Taiwan. We started in Taipei and now our service is island wide. We went from delivering food to delivering daily necessities in a blink of an eye. Taking on a challenge is exciting, but doing so alongside great, talented challenges is even better. We amplify your superpowers and you can see the impact you are making each day.
#GoGetIt embodies the attitude and mindset of Delivery at Uber. We need to ensure that we are growing all sides of our marketplace (merchants, driver partners), so that we can provide the best customer experience possible for our consumers, as well as facilitating growth and earnings for our merchants and drivers
About The Role
Uber Delivery is looking for a Head of Marketplace to lead a dedicated team to build efficient marketplace experiences for eaters, merchants and delivery partners. Delivery partners (DP) deliver food and groceries from merchants to consumers, and they are one of Uber Eats’ most important partners. Our mission is to make Uber Delivery the preferred platform for restaurants, delivery partners and eaters across Taiwan!
Your Impact in Role:
- Vision & Execution: Build and drive the vision, roadmap, objectives and key results, and execution of the Marketplace strategy. This will involve balancing and making tradeoffs across objectives such as growth, profitability, eater experience, merchant experience and delivery partner experience.
- Problem Solving: find solutions and deliver results on topics such as consumer pricing, delivery partner earnings, fraud, delivery timeliness and order growth through running analytical deep dives, building operational plans, and launching new products.
- Stakeholder management: foster strong collaboration with local, regional, and global cross-functional teams, including Product Operations, Product, Data Science, Legal, Public Policy, Communications, Safety, and other external partners to ensure seamless execution of marketplace strategies.
- Team Leadership: Recruit, mentor, and lead a hard-working team of strategy, analytics and operations professionals. Provide comprehensive leadership and managerial support, building a culture that upholds Uber Values.
The Experience You’ll Bring:
- Proven track record in analytics/ data science, consulting/ investment banking, technology and operations. Experience leading and managing teams is a plus.
- Strong problem framing, strategic and analytical skills, with the ability to translate data into actionable insights.
- English Proficiency is a requirement, and Mandarin Chinese proficiency is a plus.
- Expertise in SQL, Python or R is a plus.
- Ability to work optimally in a matrixed environment with cross functional collaborators with excellent organizational and project management skills.
- Proven success in building and leading successful teams.
Unsure if this role is the right fit for you?
We encourage you to review the details of the job role and imagine how you can impact not only our organization but the world using your unique talents. We reimagine the way the world moves for the better. Even if you do not fit all of the criteria for the role, we welcome you to apply to explore opportunities within Uber.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let’s move the world forward, together.
Offices continue to be central to collaboration and Uber’s cultural identity. Unless formally approved to work fully remotely, Uber expects employees to spend at least half of their work time in their assigned office. For certain roles, such as those based at green-light hubs, employees are expected to be in-office for 100% of their time. Please speak with your recruiter to better understand in-office expectations for this role.