City Manager, Lisbon, Uber Eats - Portugal
At Uber Eats, City teams are the heart and soul of the company. These are the teams that take our global product and localize it to their market to make it successful. In this context, the Uber Eats City Manager role is a rare opportunity to build and shape the future of Uber Eats in Portugal. As a City Manager, you will be in charge of shaping and leading your city(ies) to success, delivering an amazing service to our users while building a financially sustainable business.
The right candidate will have a rare combination of sound strategic vision, creative problem solving, drive for results, and interpersonal ability to keep strong relationships with couriers and restaurant partners alike.
What You Will Do
- Strategy: Own your market by defining business priorities, set bold timelines to reach those goals and take financial decisions.
- Lead a local team: You will have local teams on the ground that will help you manage your business. That's why we look forward to hiring optimistic leaders - developing these teams while shaping the organization is key to our long term success.
- Develop & Optimize Processes: Uber is a company that moves fast and does things at large scale. You will help design processes; whether it be prospecting, onboarding, account management, training, etc. to fuel growth and drive efficiency.
- Local Courier and Merchant Partners Relations: Grow number of partners on the platform, manage partner development, monitor metrics, and ensure high-quality experiences on the Uber Eats system to provide the most reliable food delivery service in town.
- Product Improvement: Actively search for new features which could improve our courier and restaurant partners' experience on Uber Eats.
- Data analysis: Autonomously develop dashboards, conduct thorough analysis, interpret complex data sets, identify trends and provide actionable insights to guide strategic decisions and operational improvements.
- Team work: Work closely with the Portugal Operations Team to implement new processes and products in your city.
- Hustle: Take ownership and do what it takes to get the job done.
What You Will Need
- 5+ years experience in operations management, management consulting, investment banking, strategy work in a large business, growing a startup or similar experience.
- Data-driven decision making mentality and sound business judgment through analytical thinking
- Ability to take initiative and easily adapt to constantly-changing work environment
- Willingness to be proactive and in contact with our courier and restaurant partners. Hands-on and eagerness to implement operational schemes in your own city
- A creative mindset and enjoy putting in place initiatives to solve practical issues
- Fluency in Portuguese and English is required
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let’s move the world forward, together.
Offices continue to be central to collaboration and Uber’s cultural identity. Unless formally approved to work fully remotely, Uber expects employees to spend at least half of their work time in their assigned office. For certain roles, such as those based at green-light hubs, employees are expected to be in-office for 100% of their time. Please speak with your recruiter to better understand in-office expectations for this role.