Lead, Public Safety Liaison, EUROPE
About the Role
We are seeking a Public Safety Liaison Lead for Europe. This is a highly dynamic role including routine and ad-hoc responsibilities with little direct supervision. You will be encouraged to balance working from one of our offices in Europe-based office alongside regularly working from home. You will be responsible for:
- Leading Uber's relationship with police in Europe, with a particular focus on Germany, Switzerland, and Austria, developing innovative solutions to engage and work with law enforcement and public health authorities; promoting Uber’s commitment to safety, privacy, and transparency.
- Supporting law enforcement investigation teams in response to critical incidents and protests.
- Guiding and advising the business on how best to partner with the law enforcement community in the pursuit of community safety
What You'll Do
- Liaise with law enforcement leaders promoting a positive, open and collaborative relationship.
- Train police teams on how Uber supports investigations in a legal and ethical manner.
- Ensure user safety by supporting police following critical incidents.
- Contribute to incident response, helping the business to identify actions to reduce risk.
- Produce accurate and timely incident updates and post-incident reports.
- Collaborate with Uber’s security team to minimise threats to our people and places.
- Occasional travel within Europe as needed, to conduct face-to-face meetings and training.
- 6+ years of subject matter expertise gained within a criminal investigations role within the private sector, policing agency, prosecutors and/or data protection authorities.
- Knowledge and experience related to data protection legislation and criminal/administrative investigations.
- Ideally have carried out investigations in conjunction with industry, or worked on public/private partnerships.
- Thorough understanding of technical lines of enquiry including communications and location data analysis.
- Excellent command of English and German (ideally native-speaker level in German).
- Thorough understanding of the legal and regulatory frameworks within the area of responsibility.
- Advanced skills in various computer systems, internet technology, and software (Salesforce, Jira, PC, Mac, MS Office, online research, etc.).
- Thorough understanding of Uber's data disclosure policies and processes.
- Subject matter expert in regional data disclosure obligations.
- Confident and articulate communicator both 1:1 and when presenting to an audience.
- Be able to demonstrate a depth of understanding of German legal processes and GDPR.
- Command of another European language would be a strong asset.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let’s move the world forward, together.
Offices continue to be central to collaboration and Uber’s cultural identity. Unless formally approved to work fully remotely, Uber expects employees to spend at least half of their work time in their assigned office. For certain roles, such as those based at green-light hubs, employees are expected to be in-office for 100% of their time. Please speak with your recruiter to better understand in-office expectations for this role.