Senior Strategy & Operations Manager, New Zealand
#GreatMindsDon’tThinkAlike At Uber, we take pride in our diversity and working environment that sees you as more than just a person that can do the job, but a unique individual that can level up our organisation with a perspective only you can offer. Uber provides a truly open culture that encourages all to voice their thoughts!
About The Team UberEats has been a market leader in Online Food Delivery for the past five years. While there are many Kiwis that have ordered a meal through us, there are plenty of others who haven’t tried our products and services yet. The NZ team obsesses over growing our business in New Zealand; across eaters, delivery people and restaurants. Our cultural value #GoGetIt embodies the attitude and mentality of Delivery at Uber. We provide the best customer experience possible for our consumers, as well as facilitating growth and earnings for our merchants and drivers!
About the role
The NZ team aims to make Uber Eats the best platform for earners, merchants & eaters, identify & deliver sustainable growth and manage business risks.
This role is an excellent opportunity for applicants who enjoy both getting into the detail and thinking about big-picture strategy, who are keen to own large programs of work, and who are eager to develop insights that drive strategic decision making for the NZ business. You will flex across all aspects of the marketplace, and be responsible for analysis, providing recommendations, all the way through to execution of various projects.
Your Impact in Role
- Strategy & Forensics: Develop strategies, business cases and recommendations based on your insights and analytics. You will be working on identifying the next big growth opportunities, articulate winning models, and plan to win.
- Strategic Project Delivery: Drive or support key strategic projects. You will coordinate the different functions (Operations, Marketing, Policy, Legal, Tax, etc.), from initial scoping phases (opportunity sizing, customer proposition), all the way down to implementation.
- Planning, Delivery and Reporting: Build, run and improve the ongoing governance of NZ Delivery team, including Quarterly & Annual planning.
- Chief of Staff: Provide close support to the NZ General Manager and work closely with both the NZ, Australian & APAC Delivery teams, as well as interfacing with international product teams where new products are introduced to NZ.
The Experience You’ll Bring
- Consistent track record of solving complex problems, which you will have built by leading projects with a large set of stakeholders and designing and optimisation of processes in a fast-paced ever-changing environment. (i.e. management consulting, investment banking, operations / compliance / risk management experience in hyper growth companies)
- Strong analytical capabilities and data acumen. You are a natural at sourcing qualitative and quantitative data to help define problems and solutions clearly. You are at ease working in Excel/Sheets and might even have experience querying for data using SQL.
- Strong implementation skills and attention to detail. You are equally at home implementing ideas as you are at developing them. You go to extensive lengths to make sure things do not fall through the cracks. You have a habit of double checking and documenting your work.
- Strong verbal and written communication. You can craft a compelling business case, and pitch it to senior business leaders, confidently telling a data backed story that helps secure buy in.
What's in it for you?
Uber's culture and values are at the core of everything we do so that our employees can better understand who we are and what it’s like to work at Uber today.
We pride ourselves on the amazing team we’ve built. The driver behind all of our growth, our bold and disruptive brand, and the game-changing technology we bring to life is the people that make Uber, #OneUber.
Doing your best work means being your best self. We offer a wide range of benefits and perks that are uniquely Uber to support your health and well-being. These benefits have been designed with #OneUbe r in mind, supporting the whole of you and the way that you work best. Read more about our benefits here: https://www.uber.com/au/en/careers/benefits/
Unsure if this role is the right fit for you?
We encourage you to review the details of the job role and imagine how you can impact not only our organisation but the world using your unique talents. We reimagine the way the world moves for the better. Even if you do not fit all of the criteria for the role, we welcome you to apply to explore opportunities within Uber.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let’s move the world forward, together.
Offices continue to be central to collaboration and Uber’s cultural identity. Unless formally approved to work fully remotely, Uber expects employees to spend at least half of their work time in their assigned office. For certain roles, such as those based at green-light hubs, employees are expected to be in-office for 100% of their time. Please speak with your recruiter to better understand in-office expectations for this role.