Enterprise Account Executive, Uber for Business - UK
About the Role
Would you like to work on a global scale to grow Uber's business through the addition of new customers? As part of the Sales team, you be supported by the Country Manager and lead the full-cycle sale to a cohort of the world's largest companies. Owning the inbound lead process as well as sourcing and qualifying new companies that would be a great fit for Uber products. You will partner and connect with the following teams Marketing, Sales Operations, and Regional Rides teams.
What You'll Do
- Drive revenue generation through prospecting, qualifying, and closing new businesses.
- Construct, forecast, and run your sales pipeline via Salesforce CRM.
- Build a sales playbook that will be used to scale globally and train our growing team
- Be able to execute in short-term sprints while maintaining a vision for long-term sustained success
- Communicate effectively and efficiently via phone, email, and in-person meetings
- Develop positive relationships with key clients that will generate revenue as new features go-to-market
- Wear multiple hats: sales strategy, lead generation, sales rep, and account manager
- Identify prospect needs, understand business drivers behind requests, and explain the Uber value proposition
- Minimum 5 years of B2B sales experience with Enterprise Organisations, in a SaaS environment.
- Proven track record of growing a customer base and consistently exceeding revenue targets and company goals
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to identify and provide comprehensive solutions for varying customer needs
- Strong use of insights and data-based decision-making to inform the sales process
- Ability problem solve, adapt, and grow quickly as we build the sales organization
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let’s move the world forward, together.
Offices continue to be central to collaboration and Uber’s cultural identity. Unless formally approved to work fully remotely, Uber expects employees to spend at least half of their work time in their assigned office. For certain roles, such as those based at green-light hubs, employees are expected to be in-office for 100% of their time. Please speak with your recruiter to better understand in-office expectations for this role.