Group Product Manager, Marketplace Org
About the Team
The Uber Marketplace is designed to move riders & drivers efficiently from where they are
to where they want to go. Every dollar that is transacted in the Uber Marketplace (driver
forecasting, dynamic pricing fares, matching driver/rider pricing, and overall marketplace
health) is informed and influenced by data – and our Product team decides the algorithms
that enable millions of earners and consumers to ride, deliver, eat, and move daily.
Uber operates an Open Marketplace – it’s open to everybody who wants to make a living.
You can drive whenever you want, wherever you want, and however you want. We offer
broad access to work, and we expand mobility for riders. The freedom and flexibility that
this affords is hard to understand, until you actually try it. We understand that connecting
people to places and opportunities has real-world consequences, and that’s a big
responsibility. Our principled approach to marketplace design helps us live up to that
We encourage people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future
where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion,
and collaborative spirit, come work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
About the Role
As a Group Product Manager (also hiring for Lead Product Manager), you will be responsible for strategy and development of technology that connect customers and earners in the most fabulous and efficient way possible. You will leverage optimization, artificial intelligence and innovative design thinking collaborating cross functionally to improve experience for earners and customers while improving topline/bottom line for the largest gig-economy company in the world!
What you’ll do:
- Define the roadmap and lead execution of products that impact drivers, couriers, riders and eaters across mobility and delivery marketplaces.
- Work closely with pricing, driver, rider, legal and operations teams to deliver scalable delightful experiences that drive marketplace efficiency.
- Execute rapidly while maintaining a North Star aligned with Uber’s mission and strategies.
- Balance trade offs nimbly across experience, top/bottom line, regulatory risk and platformization.
- Drive cross-functional teams to set qualitative objectives and quantitative goals. Requires collaborating with and challenging all members of cross functional teams (e.g. design, engineering, data science, legal, etc.) to think boldly and creatively and channel that energy into concrete and rapid execution.
- Maintain, monitor and measure the performance of launched products and funnel takeaways back into product development and innovation.
- Communicate product opportunities, challenges, plans, benefits and results to the appropriate audience at the appropriate time.
- Minimum of 8 years experience in Product Management delivering successful and innovative products.
- Prior experience crafting coherent product visions, multi-year strategies, and roadmaps that your team and the business rallies behind.
- Strong customer emotional intelligence, with an ability to transform complex data and customer insights into a prioritized roadmap.
- Ability to effectively engage ML engineers and scientists while setting a bold technical vision. We want to see an understanding of the technology and its capabilities/limitations as well as ddressing business problems with ML learnings and getting capabilities into production.
- Proven track record to work collaboratively with technical and non-technical team members up to and including the executive-level. This will be an extremely cross-functional role, with more than a handful of core stakeholder teams.
- Experience partnering with cross-functional teams of engineers, data scientists, and designers to deliver extraordinary products.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and a thirst for learning with an academic background or equivalent work experience in computer science, data science, statistics, economics or engineering.
For San Francisco, CA-based roles: The base salary range for this role is USD$239,000 per year - USD$265,500 per year.
You will be eligible to participate in Uber's bonus program, and may be offered an equity award & other types of comp. You will also be eligible for various benefits. More details can be found at the following link https://www.uber.com/careers/benefits.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Offices continue to be central to collaboration and Uber’s cultural identity. Unless formally approved to work fully remotely, Uber expects employees to spend at least half of their work time in their assigned office. For certain roles, such as those based at green-light hubs, employees are expected to be in-office for 100% of their time. Please speak with your recruiter to better understand in-office expectations for this role.