Senior Security Engineer
Remote · New York, NY, USA
Posted on Tuesday, October 24, 2023
Who We Are
Ro is a direct-to-patient healthcare company with a mission of helping as many patients as possible achieve their health goals. Ro is the only company to offer telehealth care, at-home diagnostic testing, labs, and pharmacy services nationwide. This is enabled by Ro's vertically integrated platform that helps patients achieve their goals through a convenient end-to-end healthcare experience spanning from diagnosis, to delivery of medication, to ongoing care. Since 2017, Ro has helped millions of patients in nearly every single county in the United States, including 98% of primary care deserts.
Ro was recognized as a CNBC Disruptor 50 in 2022, listed by Inc. Magazine as a Best Place to Work in 2022 for our third consecutive year, and named one of FORTUNE's 2022 Best Medium Workplaces.
The Security Team protects the security and privacy of our patients by enabling the business to operate securely in all facets of its operations. This role is a non-managerial, hands-on technical role that will include administering and continuously tuning SIEM and a range of general security stack technologies. This team collaborates with Security Operations and Product Security in devising, implementing, and communicating a well-rounded approach to security controls implementation. With first-hand influence on strategic initiatives at Ro, you will be relied upon to provide teams with the security expertise necessary to make confident risk decisions. This role reports directly to the Security Engineering Manager and will work closely with all teams across the company.
What You’ll Do:
- Engineer, operate, tune, and maintain existing security stack technologies such as SIEM, SWG, DLP, CASB, and EDR for Ro’s business and customer-facing environment
- Enable, tune, and document SIEM content/notables to facilitate the various security teams
- Provide daily, ongoing operational support of SIEM tool, including the security impact of proposed modifications, additions, and technology implementations/refresh operations.
- Engineer SIEM solutions to support Ro’s threat intelligence, detection engineering, threat hunting, adversary emulation, and response efforts.
- Curate and develop security-focused analytical content that is business-context aware, directing Security Operations resources to the most pressing threats in a prioritized manner
- Utilize data to develop and proliferate cyber situational awareness across Security Operations, Product Security, GRC, IT, and production infrastructure, and engineering teams across the broader business
- Interact directly with the security community regarding vulnerabilities and threats
- Discover security issues that appear under new threat scenarios, support incident response and remediation in a cross-functional environment
- Promote sound engineering practices, drive work on technical strategy and roadmaps
- Think creatively to discover and support automation opportunities
What You’ll Bring:
- 5+ years of security-related engineering experience such as designing, deploying, tuning, operating, and maintaining security stack systems
- Deep knowledge and experience in various disciplines but an expert in at least one: SIEM administration, SOAR content creation, security content detection engineering
- Demonstrated experience developing and employing security-related programming and scripting in Python and BASH
- A diverse set of communication skills and experience supporting peers and engineering teams outside of security, encouraging the best engineering practices, and leading by example
- Solid experience in Splunk administration and content curation/development
- Excellent troubleshooting skills in a highly collaborative environment with an ability to think quickly and independently
We’ve Got You Covered:
- Full medical, dental, and vision insurance + OneMedical membership
- Healthcare and Dependent Care FSA
- 401(k) with company match
- Flexible PTO
- Wellbeing + Learning & Growth reimbursements
- Paid parental leave + Fertility benefits
- Pet insurance
- Student loan refinancing
- Virtual resources for mindfulness, counseling, and fitness
The target base salary for this position ranges from $144,500 to $183,000, in addition to a competitive equity and benefits package (as applicable). When determining compensation, we analyze and carefully consider several factors, including location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. These considerations may cause your compensation to vary.
Ro recognizes the power of in-person collaboration, while supporting the flexibility to work anywhere in the United States. For our Ro’ers in the tri-state (NY) area, you will join us at HQ on Tuesdays and Thursdays. For those outside of the tri-state area, you will be able to join in-person collaborations throughout the year (i.e., during team on-sites).
At Ro, we believe that our diverse perspectives are our biggest strengths — and that embracing them will create real change in healthcare. As an equal opportunity employer, we provide equal opportunity in all aspects of employment, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, training and promotion, termination, and any other terms and conditions of employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, familial status, age, disability and/or any other legally protected classification protected by federal, state, or local law.